Rights for Disenrollment
To learn more about both voluntary and involuntary disenrollment, please read through the content below.
Your Rights and Responsibilities Upon Disenrollment
"Disenrollment" means leaving Vibra Health Plan and no longer being a member. You can choose to disenroll from Vibra Health Plan (voluntary disenrollment) during the annual Medicare Disenrollment period from January 1-February 14. In certain situations, Vibra Health Plan can disenroll you (involuntary disenrollment).
- In most cases, you can leave our plan simply by enrolling in another health plan during an available election period. Any member can disenroll during Medicare’s Annual Election Period, October 15 – December 7.
- If you want to switch from one of our plans including prescription drug coverage to Original Medicare, which does not have a prescription drug plan, you must contact Vibra Health Plan Member Services and ask to be disenrolled. Or, you can call Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
- Note: If you disenroll from Medicare prescription drug coverage and go without creditable prescription drug coverage, you may need to pay a late enrollment penalty if you join a Medicare drug plan. (Creditable coverage means coverage that is expected to pay at least as much as Medicare’s standard prescription drug coverage, on average).
- If you move out of our service area or are gone from it for more than six consecutive months or if we no longer offer the plan in your geographic area, you will be disenrolled. You can then go to Original Medicare, or if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you could choose a new plan.
- If you fail to pay your plan premium or any late enrollment penalty, you could be disenrolled. You can then go to Original Medicare, or if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you could choose a new plan.
- If we end your membership in our plan, we must tell you our reasons in writing for ending your membership. We must also explain how you can make a complaint about our decision to end your membership.